I am experienced and keen to support the personal and academic development of children and young adult with disabilities.
I have been working in Birtenshaw since 2008 .I was appointed as a teacher in Birtenshaw school 4 years ago but since 2014 I have been teaching at Birtenshaw College.
My particular interests are:
· Post 19 educations – I have developed schemes of work to enable post 19 learners with moderate and significant disability to continue their education.
· Working experience placement-I have developed the farm and horticulture garden to enable learners experience and develop working skills.
· Inclusive sport activities – I have developed a range of different sport activities including cycling, yoga, swimming, gym, archery and many more which enable learners with disabilities improve their lives, develop skills and have fun.
· Autism- behavior management plans
· Developing leadership and management skills.